X-ray Tech, PRN
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
Per Diem position
Hours: Mon - Fri 7am - 7pm, 8hr shifts, rotating call
- Operates all routine radiographic equipment in a safe and proficient manner. Abides by and enforces all compliance requirements and policies. Performs these responsibilities in an ethical manner consistent with the organization's values.
- Produces high quality radiographs with a minimum of repeats. Handles multiple room assignments and different types of exams on a daily basis. Communicates with physicians, patients, families, and ancillary hospital personnel. Participates in performance improvement initiatives. Assists with other activities as deemed necessary for the day-to-day operation of the department (i.e. clerical duties, inventory, stocking, light housekeeping duties, etc.). May participate in the training and orientation of other employees. Position may require cross training in additional modalities as directed by the Director of Imaging.
- Recommends repairs and work process efficiencies within the area and/or the department. Shares responsibility for maintaining efficient scheduling, patient flow and quality assurance, as well as having alertness for fiscal soundness within the division.
- Covers on-call on a rotational basis.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of formal Radiologic Technology training in an AMA approved school and registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology in Radiography, ARRT (R),
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Completion of a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education bi-annually while remaining "in compliance" with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology’s continuing medical education requirement (CME).
- Minimum of two years of experience after graduation in a major hospital setting; some OR experience preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Fully proficient in diagnostic radiography.
- Knowledge of angiography/interventional radiology, surgery, or mammography is a plus.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates good organizational, communication (verbal/written), mathematical, analytical, computer and clerical skills.
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to patient and family rights, as identified within the hospital.
- Ability to manage stress appropriately, make decisions under pressure, manage anger/fear/violence/hostility of others appropriately.
- Ability to perform efficiently and to remain calm in emergency patient situations while following established hospital protocols.
- Ability to carefully and efficiently use supplies while following established charge procedures to provide patient care in a timely, cost-effective and cost-efficient manner.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, work alone without constant supervision and work within acceptable time limits.
- Ability to work in areas that are confined.
- Demonstrate collaboration, cooperation and communication with physicians, radiologic technologists, and hospital stakeholders to provide quality patient care and achieve department objectives.
Pay Range$23.39 - $38.56
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: JR-10442