VP, Payer Relations & Contracting
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Responsible for managing payer contracting negotiations for the Chicago market, managing the regional payer pricing portfolio, oversees the administrative and business relationship with regional plans through the joint operating committee process, and advises leadership on matters related to health plan strategy. Develop strategies for growing the managed care portfolio through price and volume. Develop annual strategic plan for the managed care portfolio. Manages key payer negotiations with the goal of growing the payer portfolio, mitigating OON participating status and advancing value-based pricing logic.
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- 7 years relevant experience required including significant managed care contracting experience with demonstrated ability in the areas of financial analysis, payment methodologies, contract language, negotiation strategy/tactics, relevant regulatory/compliance issues.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain professionalism in difficult and sensitive conversations where stakeholders may disagree
- Excellent strategic thinking skills
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial implications of various contracting structures
- Demonstrated knowledge of managed care and value-based care principles
- Knowledge and experience with risk-based contracting structures and of contract language
- Knowledge of different healthcare rate structures and payment methodologies
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.