Technician, Surgical - Full time
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Surgical Tech - Full time
Hours: Mon - Fri start time between 6:45am - 11:00am, 8 or 10 hour shifts, must be flexible
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with cleaning, shaving, and positioning patient on operating room table.
- Preparing surgical instruments before and after procedure.
- Keeping count of surgical instruments with the Registered Nurse (Circulator).
- Monitoring all members of the surgical team in order to maintain a sterile field during each procedure.
- Passing instruments and retracting tissues to help visualize the area of the patient where surgeons and surgical assistants are working.
- Operation of suction machines and diagnostic equipment.
- Learning operation of new instrumentation dependent upon specialty.
- 2-year Associate's degree or experience as an OR Tech preferred
- CPR card required
- Nationally Certified Operating Room/Surgical Technician card required
- Completion of 10 CEU every 2 years to maintain certification
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to perform light to heavy work, which includes frequent lifting and positioning of patients.
- For greater than 50 pounds it may be expected that the employee will request assistance from a co-worker for lifting and transferring.
- Ability to stand/walk 6 to 8 hours per shift.
- Ability to frequently bend, twist, reach, stoop and occasionally kneel and squat.
- Ability to perform various repetitive tasks i.e., simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation (keyboard).
All employees within this job classification may have high-risk exposure to blood borne pathogens or other potentially infectious materials.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.