Stem Cell RN FT NIghts
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
*Up to $20,000 Sign On Bonus based on experience*
JOB SUMMARY-EVENING POSITION
Provides the Mother Standard of care to oncology patients across the adult and geriatric spectrum. The RN, Cellular Therapy will demonstrate competencies across the continuum of malignant hematology and autologous stem cell transplantation. An Individualized plan of care is developed and implemented, utilizing the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Responsible for inspiring and guiding other qualified patient care team members to ensure enhanced outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. Nursing care addresses physical, spiritual, emotional, and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professionals, support persons and all members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and documents the care of medical/surgical, ambulatory care and same-day surgery patients. Assists with special procedures. Directs the care delivered by Patient Care Technicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Adheres to the hospital and department infection control policies including but not limited to hand hygiene, asepsis, isolation practice, and employee health practice.
- Effectively communicates with peers to resolve conflict.
- Assists in the on-boarding of new stakeholders.
- Protects the patient’s dignity, rights and privacy.
- Assesses the knowledge level of the patient or designated support person.
- Delegate tasks according to the Arizona Nurse Practice Act and job descriptions.
- Document nursing care, implants and specimens accurately, completely and legibly.
- Collaborate with other disciplines as applicable.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth and keep current with technology.
- Completes additional duties as assigned.
Collaborates with physicians and other health care providers to provide direct and indirect care to patients across the continuum of malignant hematology and stem cell transplantation. Provides critical staffing to multiple patient care areas including the Cellular Therapy Inpatient Unit and Specialty Clinic
- Formally trained and experienced in the management of patients receiving cellular therapy.
- Safely administers high dose chemotherapy, innovative cellular therapies, immunotherapies, blood products, growth factors, hydration, and associated medications.
- Administration of cellular therapy products, including HPC, IEC, genetically modified cells, and other cellular therapies.
- Assists with special procedures including bone marrow biopsies, donor apheresis stem cell mobilization and collection, and stem cell reinfusions.
- Ability to collect blood specimens and blood cultures. Assists with coordination of specialty lab and diagnostic testing, pharmacokinetics, disease staging, and research based clinical trials.
- Care for immunocompromised patients with complex needs.
- Hematology/oncology patient care, including an overview of the cellular therapy process.
- Monitoring and age-related care related to the administration of cellular therapy products and signs of emergency and higher-level care needed.
- Perform basic research, clinical research, other non-cellular therapy clinical care, or administrative work during the time they are not actively attending to cellular therapy recipients.
- Demonstrates competence in chemotherapy administration through ONS.
- Administer medications via all routes, using the 6 rights, medication bar scanner and monitoring patient for side effects.
- Care for, assess and monitor patients with Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) and epidural catheters.
- Demonstrates ability to care for patients with central IV lines, ports, chest tubes, pleural catheters, and tracheostomy tubes.
- Completion of Basic Electrocardiogram (ECG) course in online learning management system.
- Ability to interpret and operate cardiac and other invasive and noninvasive monitors, recognize normal/abnormal rhythms/trends, and institute appropriate interventions.
- Demonstrates skills to assess and intervene in life-threatening situations.
- Ability to care for patients who are aggressive, agitated, in seclusion or restrained.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years stem cell transplant and chemotherapy administration experience
Education: Associate Degree in Nursing or equivalent
Licensure: Arizona Registered Nurse License or a Registered Nurse License form a Compact State
Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification- an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training site, American Safety & Health Institute, or Red Cross BLS certification is required upon hire.
- If their current certification does not meet the guidelines, stakeholders will have (30) days from the date of hire to acquire attend an onsite initial BLS course and will be required to renew every two years.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Stakeholders will have thirty (30) days from the date of hire to acquire American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS certification and will need to be renewed every two years. Will not be allowed to provide ACLS for patients independently until AHA ACLS cards are obtained
- Telemetry experience or completion of competency within 6 months of hire
Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Fundamentals of Chemotherapy Immunotherapy/Biotherapy Provider Certificate is required upon hire or before completion of nursing orientation and renewal every two years.
Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Fundamentals of Blood and Marrow Transplant course within 30 days of hire.
Bone Marrow Transplant Certified Nurse (BMTCN) Certification preferred.
Experience: >5 years stem cell transplant and chemotherapy administration
Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Certification: Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN)
Bone Marrow Transplant Certified Nurse (BMTCN)
Special skills: Malignant Hematology/Oncology
Stem Cell Transplant
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.