Sr. Technician, Environmental Services
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care ®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day is purposeful. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and has received numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine accessing your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth,it is a point of pride. Those are just a few of the ways we empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care that we call the Mother Standard®.
Performs a variety of custodial and housekeeping duties. Maintain desired standards of cleanliness, sanitation and appearance. Strives to provide service excellence to the patients we serve while keeping the Mother Standard before all we do.
- Performs all duties of Housekeeper 1 according to the 7 steps cleaning process. Cleans patient rooms including discharges according to departmental procedures.
- Cleans patient and public rest rooms according to departmental procedures.
- Performs a variety of hard and carpet floor care procedures. Competently and safely utilizes numerous pieces of equipment. Strips and refinishes hard floor surfaces according to departmental procedures. Dry mops, wet mop, and burnish floors according to departmental procedures. Shampoos and extracts furniture and carpeting as required. Vacuums corridors and offices per schedule.
- Performs various project assignments paying specific attention to details. Baseboard, corner and edge cleaning. Low and high dusting of hand railings, fixtures, frames, ceiling tiles, sprinkler heads, light fixture and air vents. Cleans elevator cars, walls and specific detail to elevator tracks.
- Performs a variety of heavy lifting activities and duties moves heavy equipment and furniture as assigned. Performs daily set ups in the MOB and hospital as scheduled. Takes down, washes and re hangs cubical curtains.
- Cleans surgical suites according to departmental procedures. Wears appropriate protective gear and abides by infection control standards as required. Pay specific attention to detail in terminal cleaning of all equipment, fixtures, furnishings, walls and floors.
- Cleans outside perimeters of hospital including lobby, MOB, parking lots, side walks and loading dock area. Responsible for the removal of graffiti from external area and associated buildings. Responsible for the watering of grounds, plantings of the hospital and MOB areas.
- Collects, transports and deposits all trash including bio hazard waste following departmental; procedures.
Key Position Qualifications:
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED); or minimum 6 months experience and/or training in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. We are fighters at heart and we look for people who delight in serving patients. The power, determination and beauty of the human spirit will enrich and energize you. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in all its forms.