Sr. Systems Engineer
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Oversee and maintain the EHR systems and applications, system modules, files, dictionaries, servers and database of the entire EHR system. Sr. Clinical System Engineer will coordinate with Clinical Analyst to institute various testing, change control processes, file changes, dictionary changes, user changes, and system upgrades as required to ensure integrity of various systems. Assist various users as needed and maintain functional systems. Analyze system exceptions, various change requests and provide recommendations and/or solutions to non-hardware issues. The Clinical Systems Engineer reviews, analyzes, and evaluates user needs and clinical systems. Acts as the internal expert in terms of clinical system capabilities and is also responsible for knowing what changes have been made to the base system.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, maintaining EHR and ancillary application servers and Citrix environment with current patch level. Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Oversee the day-to-day monitoring and troubleshooting of Allscripts SCM EHR system.
- Perform all aspects of Citrix server provisioning, including Citrix Presentation Server installation, application installation and publishing, and printing configuration, group policy administration. Responsible for being a point person with Allscripts cases and troubleshoots the application issues by working with clinical analyst, server, Database, network and local IT teams. Perform Windows server patch management.
- Design, configure, test, implement and maintain networked system server support activities and support application programmers working within that environment. Work with Clinical Analysts regularly to identify application/database needs and determines how the desired results can be achieved. Analyzes existing systems and programs and develop or recommend new systems or modifications to existing systems.
- Follow procedures and plans to monitor database activities including reacting to alerts and creating new alerts by implementing new monitoring tools. Create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- Incorporate special skills as part of daily duties: Windows Server, Citrix, Scripting, VMWare, Windows Clustering, Network Load balancing and Microsoft SQL Server
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a Graduate Degree is preferred.
- 5-8 years of work experience as a System Engineer, or experience as Server Admin
- 3-5 years of experience in software implementation is required.
- Ability to interpret and map actual nursing and clinical practices to informatics applications.
- Must possess a solid understanding of appropriate clinical workflows, commercially available technology, relational database concepts, and package system implementations.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience utilizing MS Project as a project management tool preferred.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.