Sr. Surgical Technician
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
The Surgical Technologist holds the necessary skills and knowledge to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure, acting as a liaison for the patient and is on constant vigil for maintaining the sterile field. Handles instruments, supplies and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. Has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon in order to collaborate for optimum patient outcomes.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist Training Program or equivalent experience
- 2+ years surgical tech experience
- Requires certification as a surgical technologist, or eligible to sit for exam within first six months of employment
- Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competency in surgical techniques
- Cognitive, technical and interpersonal skills required to deliver intelligent, safe and effective assistance to the Surgeon and maintenance of instruments and equipment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with attention to detail
- Current BLS preferred, required within the first 30 days
- Lifting/carrying of objects up to 50 lbs
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.