Sr. Specialist, New Patient Experience
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day is purposeful. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and has received numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine accessing your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth,it is a point of pride. Those are just a few of the ways we empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care that we call the Mother Standard®.
The Senior Specialist, New Patient Experience’s primary role is to ensure every patient with a scheduled appointment keeps their appointment by leading the all communication and administrative efforts. The Senior Specialist, New Patient Experience spends extensive time with the most challenging of patients and caregivers to identify issues and overcome them. These conversations occur based on the patient’s needs and include day, evening and weekend communications. The Senior Specialist, New Patient Experience may also serve as a first point of contact for physician referred patients and closely follow these patients through their journey to first treatment to solidify the referral relationship and grow the physician referred intake pathway.
The Senior Specialist, New Patient Experience capitalizes on converting all patients by acquiring and maintaining knowledge that allows them to serve as a hospital site expert in oncology, treatment offerings, site differentiators, in-depth understanding of insurance, expertise in decision facilitation/sales as well as strong relationship skills to leverage hospital site decision makers and Stakeholder resources for problem solving barriers that would normally keep prospective patients from making an appointment or staying for treatment.
The Senior Specialist, New Patient Experience acquires and maintains extensive knowledge of oncology to include cancer/pathology types, typical course of treatment by stage, treatment options both in general and those offered by their CTCA site, site physician expertise and site key differentiators. Senior Specialist, New Patient Experience also provides feedback to leadership with suggestions for process improvement at the hospital as well as areas of opportunity for individual Empowerment representatives or the Empowerment Training Team.
Key Position Qualifications
- BS/BA degree in Business/Marketing/Healthcare/Hospitality Management or related field required. Substitution may be considered with extensive and unique experience.
- Minimum 5 years of strong inside or outside sales experience with a documented history and ability to articulate sales accomplishments in previous positions preferred. A top sales quota performer in pharmaceuticals, medical equipment sales, life insurance, financial services, mortgage brokerage, long-term care insurance or similar industry.
Substitutions to a top sales performer may be considered for clinicians that are achievement oriented and motivated by monthly quotas and company objectives.
- Proven ability to meet or continually exceed (i.e. month-to-month) individual sales goals or quotas.
- Familiarity with healthcare services/oncology preferred
- Familiarity with pathology, medical terminology, oncology treatments preferred
- Familiarity with insurance benefits preferred
- Excellent sales skills
- Excellent organizational skills/funnel management skills
- Active listening to uncover valuable stated and implied needs and barriers that are could impact making an appointment and/or treating with CTCA.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across multiple disciplines to achieve team goals.
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills with ability to connect with people over the phone and with key stakeholders within CTCA
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; Resourceful
- Self-directed and proactive in planning how work gets done in a team goal oriented environment
- Knowledgeable in cancer, CTCA’s CONNECT sales model, our key differentiators in terms of our care components and treatment options
- Strong typing and data entry skills with proficiency using database-driven contact management systems (Salesforce, Outlook, Journeybook, etc.) to manage funnel and update customer files
- Tenacity (does not give up when faced with challenges/adversity)
- Resilience (necessary to build deep personal connections with callers in distress
- Open to feedback and focused on ongoing self-improvement and development (i.e. coachable). Also able to provide feedback to others in open and constructive manner
- Adaptable to ongoing change in the form of new initiatives, models and processes in response the rapidly changing healthcare market and competition
- Internally motivated to help others (i.e. patients, caregivers, team members)
- Passionate about CTCA’s mission and values
- Discretion with sensitive information
- Trustworthy in judgment and decision making
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. We are fighters at heart and we look for people who delight in serving patients. The power, determination and beauty of the human spirit will enrich and energize you. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in all its forms.