Speech Therapist- Per Diem
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day is purposeful. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and has received numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine accessing your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth,it is a point of pride. Those are just a few of the ways we empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care that we call the Mother Standard®.
A registered professional Speech and Language Pathologist who delivers individualized comprehensive care to patients through the rehabilitation department utilizing therapeutic use of self, innovative technology and collaboration among patients. Is responsible for providing Dysphagia rehabilitation and speech therapy in the acute care and outpatient setting to facilitate the development and rehabilitation of patients based on total assessment and written evaluation which is appropriate to the patient’s medical condition to achieve an optimum level of function for each patient.
Key Position Qualifications
- Must have a M.S. or M.A. in Speech/Language Pathology or related field, hold a Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech and Hearing Association and be licensed by the State Board of Speech Pathologist and Audiologist of the State of Pennsylvania.
- Current Pennsylvania state license in Speech/Language Pathology
- Current CPR/Basic Life Support certificate
- Skills in utilizing a team-oriented approach to treatment, specific skills in evaluation techniques, neurological techniques, dysphagia and modification of diet textures, communication disorders and oncology rehabilitation.
- Proficient in fluoroscopy examinations for swallowing deficits, neuromuscular re-education for swallowing rehabilitation, Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation; assessment and implementation of tools for oral motor strengthening and mobility and proficiency in tracheotomy/vent patients include assessment of and placement of speaking valve. Prefer quality of life based outcomes
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. We are fighters at heart and we look for people who delight in serving patients. The power, determination and beauty of the human spirit will enrich and energize you. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in all its forms.