Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
The Server Engineer is responsible for effective design, coordination, installation/configuration, and assisting with the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for enterprise storage, systems hardware, hypervisor, and operating systems, related software and related enterprise infrastructure. The Server Engineer is responsible for the Implementation of enterprise storage and compute systems to include high-availability, redundancy, and supporting the organization disaster recovery and business continuity requirements. Provides technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the compute and storage infrastructure. Provides technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the compute and storage infrastructure. This individual works closely with peers, the Principal Systems Engineer, Senior Systems Engineer, and Systems Administrators to ensure that the enterprise storage, server hardware, hypervisor, operating systems, monitoring systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements and SOPs. The Server Engineer may have one or more focuses within disciplines of enterprise storage, virtual infrastructure, unified/converged infrastructure, Windows, Unix/Linux, PowerShell scripting, server performance and fault monitoring systems. This position provides next escalation point for Operations personnel and is responsible for providing timely response and diagnosis of issues directly or remotely. When necessary may also adjust work hours to perform tasks at times least impactful to customers.
- The Server Engineer is expected to deliver the implementation of hosting infrastructure, storage systems, server systems, and the server infrastructure for projects and upgrades, coordinating with other stakeholders and managing vendors. The Server Engineer is expected to consultatively work with the storage engineering team, network team, server administrators, and application owners to provide the infrastructure to support CTCA applications.
- The administration of the storage and hosting infrastructure, including hypervisor servers and architecture, enterprise storage and backups, monitoring, and management, design of virtual machine and operating system templates to industry best practices standards, and all supporting systems for the server and compute environment. The Server Engineer should ensure that all systems in their care are designed, deployed, and managed consistent with application requirements, high availability, and cost efficiency wherever possible.
- The Server Engineer should fully document implementations; SOP’s, upgrades, or changes to the hypervisor infrastructure, storage infrastructure, server systems, and the server infrastructure using clear Visio drawings, concise and descriptive documentation, spreadsheets, and other formats as agreed upon with management.
- Secures the hypervisor infrastructure, storage systems, server systems, and the server infrastructure by establishing and enforcing server system security policies; defining and monitoring access and ensuring that all management systems are highly secure.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; network manufacturer documentation; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides constructive feedback and mentoring to others on team(s). Works with business/stakeholders on understanding their needs and concerns. Clearly communicates with stakeholders on non-technical level and provide an excellent customer service experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Information or equivalent experience in the appropriate fields is required.
- 3+ years of experience supporting server and virtualized infrastructure in an Enterprise environment
- 1+ years of experience supporting storage infrastructure in an Enterprise environment
- Microsoft Certifications: MCP, MCSA preferred
- VMware Certifications: VCA, VCP preferred
- IT experience within a multi-facility healthcare organization is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and hands on experience with DellEMC Storage and Backups Systems. Symmetrix, VNX, VNXe, Avamar, DataDomain.
- Understanding of Microsoft server system troubleshooting, including DNS, Directory Services and permissions issues, and server hardware troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of routing protocols and server facing network configurations
- Demonstrated understanding and experience within two or more focused areas, such as Microsoft Server systems, VMware infrastructure, unified/converged infrastructure, server performance monitoring, PowerShell scripting. Experience using help desk software such as Remedy
- Understanding of TCP/IP, with the ability to subnet and troubleshoot misconfiguration issues.
- Proficient with Visio drawings, Microsoft Office Suite, and technical documentation of network systems.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with VMware vSphere 5/6; Microsoft Server 2008/ 2012
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Developing solutions that are cost conscious, while being technically sound and supporting business requirements.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal direction to prioritize and execute tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership including previous performance as a highly effective team member and team leader.
- Team building and mentoring of others
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.