Senior Pharmacy Technician
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
***Shift is 12:30PM-9:00PM***
The pharmacy technician under the supervision of a registered pharmacist is responsible for assisting in the preparation and distribution of patient medications. The pharmacy technician will assist in maintaining inventory and stock medications throughout the hospital, utilizing pharmacy inventory systems. The pharmacy technician will assist with daily required review of regulatory paperwork.
- Competent in aseptic compounding of sterile IV preparations in compliance with USP 797 and USP 800 guidelines, including but not limited to TPN, IV drips, and chemotherapy
- Assists with maintaining adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established inventory control levels
- Assist with the management of the automated dispensing machines reporting for quality and regulatory measures.
- Assists with pharmacy workflow by streamlining phone calls to the appropriate staff member; and delivery of patient specific medications to departments throughout the facility.
- Participation in departmental and hospital quality assurance programs with an emphasis on patient safety, and regulatory compliance.
- Assists with regulatory required monthly unit inspections for all departments that stock medications
Education: High School Diploma
Licensure: Current Arizona Pharmacy Technician License
Certification: National Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
Pay Range$16.70 - $25.78
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-09936