Senior Analyst- Enterprise Analytics
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
The Senior Analyst - Enterprise Analytics is a principal member of COH’s central analytics team and leads and/or participates in a broad range of enterprise-wide strategic analytic projects. Key areas of focus include, but are not limited to: COH margin performance, enterprise cost to serve initiatives, hospital utilization & capacity management, supply chain analytics, population analytics, and hospital pricing.
This position involves working collaboratively with business owners and subject matter experts (SMEs) to contextualize data, develop analytic tools/models, interpret results, and translate findings into actionable insights. Providing actionable insights, defined as information that can be acted upon or information from which more informed decisions can be made, is core to this role.
Finally, the senior analyst role will act as a SME for a broad range of strategic analyses; therefore, the position requires a deep understanding of COH’s business and operating models, expertise of COH’s data infrastructure, and proficiency with COH applications.
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in designing and conducting analytics with a focus on developing impactful insights
- Experience in healthcare, hospital, health finance, hospital supply chain or pharmaceutical industries preferred, experience in the context of finance and operations within these industries is highly preferred
- Experience with Statistical software including R, Python, SAAS are a plus
- Must demonstrate both analytical and relationship skills, as this person will be working on highly complex projects at the highest levels of the organization and communicating with the highest level of stakeholders
- Experience working with complex data sets across claims, lab, financial, clinical outcomes and other groups
- In-depth working knowledge of decision support systems, spreadsheet database and other software tools
- Strategic and process-oriented mindset, facilitating detailed and insightful problem-solving sessions
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Tableau, or QlikSense preferred
Pay Range$64,411.78 - $106,120.56
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-09948