RN, Patient Navigator
Nurse Navigator- Full Time
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Nurse Navigator RN functions as a member of the multidisciplinary team as an advocate and educator for patients from the initial phone assessment, through diagnostic studies, diagnosis, and treatment plan. The Nurse Navigation utilizes the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Nurse Navigators are responsible for coordinating the patient visit from the initial new patient interview through Intake and the Treatment Planning process, and beyond as necessary. The Nurse Navigator utilizes effective assessment skills and clinical knowledge to evaluate whether the patient condition makes them an appropriate candidate for travel and treatment. The Nurse Navigator serves as a liaison between the patient and family, primary care physician, internal and external care providers, specialists, and referrers.
The Nurse Navigator acts in compliance with WRMC and enterprise policies/procedures as well as the Arizona Nurse Practice Act. In addition, the Nurse Navigator will follow the enterprise-wide nursing professional practice model philosophy, based on Patricia Benner’s Novice to Expert Theory, as well as Jean Watson’s Theory of Caring.
- Functions as a member of the multidisciplinary team as an advocate and educator for patients from the initial phone assessment, through diagnostic studies, diagnosis, treatment plan and survivorship
- Assesses, plans, evaluates and documents the plan of care for potential and current patients at Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Uses evidence based clinical knowledge to ascertain appropriateness of patient for evaluation and treatment at Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Coordinates a plan of care including appointments, education, provision and/or enablement of support services and to represent the patient within the multidisciplinary care environment
- Serves as a liaison between the patient and family, primary care physician, internal and external care providers, specialists, and referrers
- Follows the patient through the continuum of care ensuring all anticipated appointments and care remain on track
- Three (3) years of experience in a clinical oncology position
- One (1) year of experience in a Case Management and/or similar role
- BSN Preferred
- Current Registered Nursing License
- Current Arizona Nursing License required
- BLS/ CPR certified required
- OCN National Certification in specialty Oncology preferred
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.