RN- Infusion Variable Hours
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
The infusion nurse assumes the accountability and responsibility as a professional nurse for providing total, comprehensive, continuous, and patient centered care for an assigned group of patients. The infusion nurse will provide direct patient contact, which includes assessing the patient, developing a comprehensive nursing plan of care, implementing aspects of nursing care to meet identified patient care outcomes, evaluating the effectiveness of a nursing plan of care, and education of patients/care givers who require infusion therapy and other nursing services. Established nursing objectives, standards, policies, and procedures will be followed in administering nursing care. The infusion nurse is accountable for practicing within the defined scope of practice for the Registered Nurse and is committed to providing safe, quality infusion nursing care.
- Current Oklahoma Registered Nurse License
- ADN required; Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing preferred
- Current BLS required; ACLS certification required within 6 months
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy certification required within 6 months of employment in order to administer chemotherapy.
- Experience in multi-disciplinary approach to patient care
- Excellent infusion therapy-related skills (peripheral and central lines)
- Min. 2 years previous experience in oncology and/or medical-surgical units
- Participates in ongoing education activities (including in-services, continuing education and formal education) to expand oncology knowledge, enhance role performance, and increase knowledge of professional issues
- Lifting of up to 10 lbs
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.