Registered Nurse, Call Center
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Hours: Every other weekend (Saturday & Sunday) and every other holiday-- 8:00am - 8:30pm.
Must have oncology experience and must be able to commute to our Philadelphia hospital for orientation.
This position is responsible for the coordination of all systems/services required for an organized, multidisciplinary team approach and assures quality care after hours, for enterprise-wide oncology patient care coordination and symptom management. The Care Manager functions as advocate and contact person for patient, family, healthcare team members, employees and outside agencies to assure continuity of care and optimal clinical and resource outcomes.
1. Assesses the patient/family needs related to the medical diagnosis, treatment providers, treatment options, financial resources, discharge and psychosocial needs. Collaborates with health care team members to develop a multidisciplinary plan of care and sets patient-centered goals for patient/families. Responds in a timely manner to patient and family needs at home through effective symptom management, coordination of home care services, and crisis intervention. Develops collaborative relationships with other departments/entities/external health care agencies to facilitate and support care. Reviews all patient admission data within the designated time frames to determine suitability of the level of care in accordance with hospital approved IS/SI and /or other established criteria. Provides ongoing communication with patients, families, medical staff, care givers and third-party payers, to include utilization assessment for pre-certification and continued stay justification. Provides required documentation of ongoing insurance communication and discharge planning. Assesses the patient/family knowledge base, health status and expectations. Conducts and reinforces patient education, including: Treatment plan/regimen, financial implication of care, symptom management, side effects, patient/family responsibilities related to self care, available resources (inside and outside), and discharge plan.
2. Demonstrates the spirit of Cancer Treatment Centers of America’s values and standards through: Actions and Speech. Connects with customers (patients, caregivers, co-workers) with a smile or pleasant demeanor. Addresses customers (patients, care-givers, co-workers) by their preferred names whenever possible. Finds ways to focus solely on the needs of our patients and their caregivers. Listens attentively and educates patients and caregivers to ensure their understanding. Offers choices to patients and caregivers and respects their decisions.
3. Promotes teamwork, nurtures relationships with others and is viewed positively by co-workers. Carries own share of responsibility and willingly offers assistance to others. Supports the goals of the department and participates in department performance improvement. Attends required staff meetings. Meets annual health screening requirements.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of patient safety goals relevant to the work environment. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital variance reporting system and appropriate management procedures for unexpected occurrences. Demonstrates appropriate response to organizational disaster codes. Completes annual department Hazardous Communications Training. Completes required educational requirements.
5. Consistently follows organizational guidelines for effective hand hygiene. As indicated, follows guidelines for standard and transmission based precautions.
- BSN in Nursing
- Current Pennsylvania RN Licensure
- 3 years clinical oncology experience
- 1-year experience in Care Management and/or similar role
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Job Reference #: JR-01496