Rep, Guest Services
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
Mon, Tues, Wed and Friday 9:30am-2:30pm and every other Saturday 7am-3.30pm
Flexibility is required to cover rotational holidays and on-call is needed for 2nd and 3rd shifts (16 hrs on-call)**
**Schedules are provided 2 weeks in advance
The Guest Services Representative consistently demonstrates high standards of patient care when at the Guest Quarters or Hospital Concierge Desk. He or she exhibits a warm, professional and genuine welcome to our guests and aims to ensure all questions and/or concerns are tended to with the highest level of customer service.
Representative works closely with, but not limited to, the Travel and Accommodations, Transportation, Security, Registration and Financial Counselors departments.
- High School or equivalent required, some college strongly preferred with major in Hospitality or Hotel Services
- Employment: Minimum 3 years’ experience in a fast-paced customer service environment (healthcare or hotel preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized with ability to multitask and ability to work in a fast-paced environment are necessary to succeed in this role
- Familiarity with local activities and surrounding points of interest
- Professional demeanor and the ability to interact with various people
- Self-starter with exemplary attendance record
- Possess the ability to assist individuals who may be unable to assist themselves (wheelchairs, oxygen tanks, luggage etc.)
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office and basic office equipment; basic typing/keyboard skills
- Positive, outgoing personality and very strong communication skills
- Able to work independently or as a team
- Adaptable to an ever-changing environment
- Detail oriented
- Excellent problem solver
- Flexibility with schedule
Pay Range$16.50 - $21.26
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: JR-10317