Radiation Oncology Therapist
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Under direction of the Radiation Oncologist and the Manager, Imaging/Radiation Oncology, the Radiation Therapist stakeholder will be responsible for ensuring the most optimal radiation therapy treatments are provided to our patients. This will be a team approach in professional operations with treatment delivery, simulation, and brachytherapy, or any other care related to the radiation therapy treatments
- Must know how to operate all radiation equipment trained on and deliver planned course of radiation therapy as described by Radiation Oncologist with minimal supervision.Assist with making patient immobilization devices; knowledge of basic dosimetry to enable in proper treatment of patients.Observe unusual physical and psychological reactions and problems regarding patients to appropriate physician and/or other staff members in a timely manner; able to decipher when alterations need to be made to treatment plan and/or treatment immobilization devices and consult with appropriate staff in a timely manner
- Assures that all department rules and regulations are followed. Observes all radiation safety measures for patients and personnel. Maintains all equipment in safe and satisfactory working order, and report all defects, deficiencies, or problems to service engineer, physicist, and lead therapist Assures quality and accuracy on patients charting, and report any mistakes to physics staff and Manager.
- Maintain open and timely communication regarding the patients care, and record or convey any changes in treatment to other staff when needed, assist other staff, physicians and or patient with any needs or examinations if needed and maintain a timely schedule, minimizing waiting time for the patient and family.
- Maintains good staff interpersonal skills, by providing a work example to patients, peers, and other staff members
- Two- Four year Radiation Therapy Degree Program or Certificate in accredited radiation therapy program is required
- ARRT, MRTBE Arizona is required
- American Heart Association BLS certification required
- Two (2) years of experience is preferred
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.