Physicians Relations Territory Manager-1
Position is located in Arizona
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Physician Relations Territory Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and tracking a strategy delivering patient referral business from the medical community. This position represents CTCA in the medical community, managing and nurturing relationships with targeted medical profssionals in designated markets and with a goal of securing both episodic and comprehensive qualified patient referrals to CTCA. The position requires innovation to implement strategy and process flow, as well as implement relationship management and operational best practices. Excellent presentation, customer service and relational skills are required.
Relationships will be built by conducting effective office visits, presentations, attending conferences, and facilitating hospital tours to educate referring and new physician partners on services offered at CTCA. The Physician Relations Market Manger will be responsible for the strategic messaging and positioning of CTCA to each prospective referral group and to identify and report unmet needs and operational enhancement opportunities from the marketplace.
This role will require significant amount of time in the designated market area(s) and will also identify and report unmet needs and operational enhancement opportunities from the marketplace.
- Excellent strategic planning, organization, presentation, customer service and relational skills are required.
- Medical or pharmaceutical sales experience and experiences with Customer Relations Management (CRM) software is preferred.
- The fundamental measure of success for the Physician Relations Market Manager is patient acquisition growth.
Key Position Qualifications
- Minimum of a BS/BA in Marketing, Business, Public Relations or a related field
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in health care, preferably in marketing or business development. Clinical and/or sales background desired.
- 2 to 3 years of experience working with medical professionals
- Experience with a high quality consumer brand
- Demonstrated computer skills are required, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven track record of successful relationship building and nurturing
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry required; oncology experience a plus
- Demonstrated sales success and other goal achievement
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and team building capability
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals, and corporate entities, earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.