Patient Empowerment Manager
Location: Schaumburg, IL
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Empowerment Manager reports to the AVP. This position will be an integral part of the Empowerment Leadership Team. Along with other managers this role supports the continued growth of the organization. They are accountable for achieving the productivity, efficiency and quality goals through the management and supervision of 10 - 12 direct reports. While this role requires someone that can work at a strategic level, it is also important to recognize that the environment will also require hands-on supervision of staff as well.
- Minimum BS/BA.Business,Communications, Marketing or Healthcare preferred. Graduate degree is desirable.
- Minimum 5 – 10 years Sales Management experience
- Hospital/Healthcare experience preferred. Oncology knowledge a plus.
- Assesses team performance and potential and develops appropriate plan. Develops a qualified and engaged team through proper selection, orientation training, ongoing coaching, performance management, development and recognition.
- Builds an effective and high-functioning team through leadership, communication and team building principles to achieve goals of the department.
- Ensures the production and efficiency of the team is at 100% to monthly & annual targets while also achieving the specific quality metrics.
- Identifies obstacles and opportunities through coaching sessions to ensure goals are consistently met by utilizing principles of funnel management.
- Addresses any performance management issues through daily side-by-sides, monthly coaching sessions and quarterly performance management sessions.
- Ensures that communication with all potential patients, caregivers and other internal CTCA Stakeholders is handled in a manner that demonstrates the mission, vision, values and brand of CTCA. Serves as a role-model appropriate to CTCA Brand delivery. Ensures that communication with potential patients and those reaching out to CTCA is handled in a timely manner.
Clinical & Technical Knowledge:
- Ability to articulate CTCA’s clinical capabilities across all cancer types and 5 regional hospitals. Stays abreast of clinicians, technology, clinical trials and precision medicine solutions offered at CTCA and provides team with ongoing coaching and education to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Reviews and assesses correct utilization of technology to ensure data integrity and effective use of pipeline management processes. Provides feedback about the CRM (Salesforce) system functionality as it supports the sales process and ease of use for the department.
Innovation & Leadership:
- Identifies best practices, drives innovation and successful project or process implementation.
- Leads members of the team forward through change initiatives in a positive and constructive fashion.
- Interfaces with other CTCA Departments and Stakeholders, including CTCA Hospital Executives and Sr Leadership, to champion projects and present project outcomes. Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis to support outcomes.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.