PACU PCT- Full Time
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Responsible for delivering compassionate care to patients, assisting with clinical tasks, performing support services for clinical stakeholders and providing direct interaction with patients and their caregivers. When directed by the RN, Charge RN, and/or Manager they will provide back-up support to others as assigned
- Delivers and documents care of patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Assist in feeding, bathing and dressing patients
- Assist with ambulation, moving and transporting patients
- Responsible for taking vital signs and reporting any abnormal findings to the Registered Nurse
- Specimen collection
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager and/or Charge Nurse such as answering phones, managing reports and checking patients in.
- To maintain a safe patient care environment, strong communication and interpersonal skills are needed for reporting data and/or information to the Registered Nurse and when communicating with patients and caregivers.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Two (2) years of patient care experience in Hospital or Acute Care Setting
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certification Required
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
- Oncology experience preferred
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.