Outpatient Care Coordinator
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
This is an onsite position
Hours: Mon - Fri 8am - 4.30pm
Responsible for providing administrative support to the Outpatient Care Center and management for Outpatient Care Center.
Responsible for Patient Registration for all patients, addressing any registration or insurance concerns from patients/caregivers, delivery of insurance benefit information, collection of up-front deductible and co-pay amounts, and maintaining accuracy and completeness of the patient financial record. They must conduct face-to-face interviews, telephone interaction and electronic contact functions and must maintain aspects of the patient financial record.
To obtain and track all authorizations throughout a patient’s stay-from pre-certification through reauthorization and discharge. Serves as a point person for care managers, registration staff, and payer representatives, ensuring that all authorizations are secured, documented, and renewed as necessary.
- Perform administrative support, answer phones, manage schedules, rooms and meetings. Manage ordering and stocking supplies for the Outpatient Care Center
- Conduct patient registration and financial counseling session for all patients
- Deliver and obtain signature on all required registration documents and scan into electronic health record.
- Address patient/caregiver financial questions or concerns, may be done via phone, email or face-to-face interaction.
- Discuss patient financial assistance program and deliver results of applications to patients.
- Perform routine daily admission/discharge/transfer functions related to registration.
- Explain patient insurance benefits and collect any up-front deductible or co-pay amounts due.
- Update patient demographic information in patient financial system.
- Completes necessary insurance pre-certifications for all outpatient procedures
- Perform additional duties as assigned to assist in the continued operations of the department and the enterprise and for the continued satisfaction of patients, their families, caregivers and fellow stakeholders.
Experience: 2-3 year of professional experience in related field
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Pay Range$18.39 - $28.42
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-10094