Switchboard Operator- Part Time- Weekend Shift
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Switchboard Operator contributes to the integrated hospital network by assuming responsibility for incoming and outbound calls as well as paging of staff, emergency codes and maintaining hospital wide directories. The provided service allows for overall smooth functioning of the hospital.
- Answer all calls received timely and accurately.Appropriately triage and route the calls as requested.Process and document paging requests.
- Monitor and respond to emergency codes 24/7, adhering to policy and procedure for each code.
- Perform patient registration (ADT) transactions as required.Shift driven.Switchboard covers registration evenings and weekends.
- Maintain hospital directories including Intranet and inter- departmental directories as well as the paging software directory.
- Monitor outer entrances via videophone.Allow access according to policy.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of Guest Services, including patient travel, guestroom schedules, and coordination with transportation.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
- Previous experience in a similar role or customer service role over the phone preferred
- AHA – BLS certificate is preferred
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.