Oncology Nurse Training Specialist
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
The Nurse Advisor training specialist provides guidance to Patient Access Contact Center reps, Nurse Navigation, prospective patients, and caregivers/families. The Nurse Advisor training specialist will serve as an educator, staff/patient advocate, and change agent to the Patient access contact center team and Nurse Navigation team. This role will design, develop, implement, and evaluate a variety of educational offerings in order to provide the very best Patient Experience and organizational outcomes. The Nurse Advisor training specialist will be developing curriculum pertaining to clinical training and processes-ensuring that patients are being scheduled with the right service, right provider, right location, at the right time.
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- Current OCN Certification preferred
- Nursing (RN) licensure required (BSN preferred)
- 5 plus years Oncology experience required
- Prior experience in training in a clinical or non-clinical setting would be preferred
- Competency in active listening and relationship building, and ability to communicate with empathy
- Competency in articulating ideas and orally disseminating information
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to function in a self-directed manner, organize work tasks and information efficiently, monitor quality/effectiveness, collaborate within and across teams, and execute timely and accurate follow-through
- Demonstrated pursuit of continuous learning and improvement
- Confidence, security, and resilience necessary to build deep personal connections with callers in distress
- Demonstrated ability to attend to multiple, sometimes competing demands without distraction (e.g., executing follow-up activities, assisting team members)
- Requires appropriate internet services, speed and dedicated work space to effectively work from home
Pay Range$64,411.78 - $106,120.56
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.