Oncology Nurse Navigator, Clinic FT
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
To demonstrate support of the hospital mission and vision by providing nursing, case management/disease management services to clients and families to help in the coordination and management of individuals’ health needs through full continuum, as needed. The Centers Registered Nurse demonstrates the ability to assess, coordinate, plan, monitor, implement and evaluate the patient’s plan of care while ensuring and facilitating the achievement of optimal quality and clinical outcomes. Performs assessment of clinic issues for the patients of CTCA. Provides professional nursing services in the direct and indirect care of patients.
- Provides disease management with an understanding of oncology, chemotherapy and side effects, can monitor and address symptoms. Works with patients and families to provide and understanding of their disease, their treatment plans, and address patient quality of life issues. Documents assessment and interventions entered in a timely manner in the electronic medical record. Collaborates with and supports providers with daily assistance in managing and coordinating patient care. Evaluates and assesses health issues presented by patients and their caregivers and communicates pertinent and necessary issues to the patient.
- Effectively and efficiently triages patient medical issues either in person or by telephone. Intervenes appropriately with use of orders and/or consultation with the interdisciplinary health care team. Provides professional nursing services to address patient’s health and other related issues in cooperation with other clinical and clerical team members.
- Works as a part of the team as a resource to facilitate communication and services between physicians, patients, families and other healthcare team members including external health agencies to facilitate the plan of care. Provides patient education, utilizing appropriate resources to meet the needs of the patient and documents education in EHR.
- Performs tasks as outlined in facility policies and procedures, as required by regulating agencies and according to best nursing practices. Including, but not limited to limited central line care, patient education, procedure assist and medication administration.
- Works as a part of the healthcare team to provide excellent patient care to increase patient satisfaction and retention. Works to achieve positive outcomes, and resolution of variances. Covers for other members of the team to ensure efficient delivery of service to the patient.
Current State RN license
BSN or higher preferred
3-5 year clinical nursing experience preferred
OCN Certification preferred
Bio/Chemo Certification preferred
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.