Oncology Nurse Advisor
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
***Hours of position: M-F- must be flexible to work between the hours of 7AM-6PM PST***
The Nurse Advisor provides support to patient/caregivers as well as internal New Patient Access Stakeholders and Nurse Navigation teams to help align patient needs to available and potential services, treatments, and/or overall value proposition. The Nurse Advisor will be responsible for fielding incoming patient/customer calls; gaining an understanding of the clinical situation, interests, and desires of the patient/caregiver, then aligning value proposition with patient/caregiver needs. The Nurse Advisor, utilizing their oncology nursing training, will convey all relevant options in a manner that is both informative and understandable, guiding the patient/customer/internal stakeholder through a relevant scheduling decision tree or selection process.
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- Current OCN Certification preferred
- Nursing (RN) licensure required (BSN preferred)
- 5 plus years Oncology experience required
- Prior experience in training in a clinical or non-clinical setting would be preferred
- Competency in active listening and relationship building, and ability to communicate with empathy
- Competency in articulating ideas and orally disseminating information
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to function in a self-directed manner, organize work tasks and information efficiently, monitor quality/effectiveness, collaborate within and across teams, and execute timely and accurate follow-through
- Demonstrated pursuit of continuous learning and improvement
- Confidence, security, and resilience necessary to build deep personal connections with callers in distress
- Demonstrated ability to attend to multiple, sometimes competing demands without distraction (e.g., executing follow-up activities, assisting team members)
- Requires appropriate internet services, speed and dedicated work space to effectively work from home
Pay Range$64,411.78 - $106,120.56
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-09445