Occupational Therapist - Per Diem
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
Delivers individualized comprehensive care to patients with the goal of empowering the patients to remain at their optimal level of independence and functioning. Using innovative treatment techniques, real life simulation, and collaborator process to establish a plan of care that will address each patient’s physical, social, and emotional concerns. Intent to assist patients to achieve or maintain their highest level of function during their cancer treatment.
- Evaluates patients for treatment and designs / documents an age appropriate treatment plan that includes a time frame, goals, and assessment of patient’s rehabilitation potential following a referral from a qualified practitioner.
- Performs and provides therapeutic rehabilitation services, test, education, and treatment coordination, documents treatment and outcomes and inputs appropriate charges in compliance with the state practice act.
- Consults physicians when necessary about clarification of orders, treatment plan, patient outcomes, and recommendations for durable medical equipment
- Collaborates as a member of the multidisciplinary team to provide safe and efficient delivery of patient care, patient education, and continuity of care
- Participates in departmental, hospital and corporate Key Performance Improvement projects, quality improvement initiatives, and tracking progress towards goals.
- Supervises Occupational Therapy Students and precepts new hire occupational therapists.
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of Occupational Therapist (OT) experience.
Education: Must have a Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Occupational Therapy from an American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
Licensure: Arizona State Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners license
Certification: Current certification with National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Special Skills: Proficient computer skills.
Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Experience: Oncology experience preferred.
Pay Range$35.65 - $58.71
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: JR-10006