Nurse Navigator RN OCC N PHX
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
Provides the Mother Standard of Care to oncology patients across the adult and geriatric spectrum. An Individualized plan of care is developed and implemented; utilizing the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for inspiring and guiding other qualified patient care team members to ensure enhanced outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. Nursing care addresses physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professionals, support persons and all members of the healthcare team.
* Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and documents the care of medical/surgical, ambulatory care and same-day surgery patients. Assists with special procedures. Directs the care delivered by Patient Care Technicians and other members of the healthcare team.
* Adheres to the hospital and department infection control policies including but not limited to hand hygiene, asepsis, isolation practice, and employee health practice.
* Effectively and efficiently triages patient medical issues either in person or by telephone. Intervenes appropriately with use of orders and/or consultation with the interdisciplinary health care team. Provides professional nursing services to address patient’s health and other related issues in cooperation with other clinical and clerical team members.
* Works as a part of the team as a resource to facilitate communication and services between physicians, patients, families, and other healthcare team members including external health agencies to facilitate the plan of care. Provides patient education, utilizing appropriate resources to meet the needs of the patient and documents education in EHR.
* Assists in the on-boarding of new stakeholders.
* Protects the patient’s dignity, rights, and privacy.
* Assesses the knowledge level of the patient or designated support person.
* Delegate tasks according to the Arizona Nurse Practice Act and job descriptions.
* Document nursing care, implants, and specimens accurately, completely, and legibly.
* Works as a part of the healthcare team to provide excellent patient care to increase patient satisfaction and retention. Works to achieve positive outcomes, and resolution of variances. Covers for other members of the team to ensure efficient delivery of service to the patient.
* Maintain required competencies.
* Pursue professional growth and keep current with technology.
* Completes additional duties as assigned.
Oncology Nurse Navigator
Provides disease management with an understanding of oncology, chemotherapy, and side effects, can monitor and address symptoms. Works with patients and families to provide an understanding of their disease, their treatment plans, and address patient quality of life issues. Documents assessment and interventions, entering in a timely manner in the electronic medical record. Collaborates with and supports providers with daily assistance in managing and coordinating patient care. Evaluates and assesses health issues presented by patients and their caregiver; communicates pertinent and necessary issues to the patient.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN PHOENIX AND IS NOT REMOTE
Experience: 1-year experience in area, 2 years’ experience in area preferred
Education: Associate Degree in Nursing or equivalent, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
Licensure: Arizona Registered Nurse License or a Registered Nurse License form a Compact State
Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification-an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training site, American Safety & Health Institute, or Red Cross BLS certification is required upon hire.
- If their current certification does not meet the guidelines, stakeholders will have (30) days from the date of hire to acquire attend an onsite initial BLS course and will be required to renew every two years.
Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN), National Certification in specialty preferred
Any Magnet Recognized Certification
Pay Range$35.65 - $58.71
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-09974