Nurse Educator-RN FT
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
** $5,000 Sign on Bonus **
Is responsible and accountable for providing clinical education to clinical and non-clinical Stakeholders. Facilitates education, delegation and coordination of clinical care for optimum patient outcomes. Ensures and assesses Stakeholder’s understanding of clinical-related programs and material.
- Develops and organizes in-services, educational programs for clinical and non-clinical Stakeholders.
- Coordinate, develop, and present education programs designed to empower, support, and encourage clinical Stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain and present education materials and sessions to Stakeholders under the appropriate guidelines, such as chemotherapy biotherapy courses, oncology courses, and other developmental opportunities.
- Active participation and documentation of completion of hospital regulatory (ex. Joint Commission) and department required continuing education programs.
- Provides programs that conforms to accepted practice standards i.e. Oncology Nursing Society, (ONS), National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), etc.
- Assists in Organization and Enterprise-wide Policy development and education roll out.
- Regularly Assess, plan, implement and evaluate the new nursing employee orientation process.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate ongoing education and support for clinical staff, including new products and equipment.
- Assists in the on-boarding of new Stakeholders.
- Collaborates with department leaders to determine effectiveness of education programs to Stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, Stakeholders, Outside agencies, and the Enterprise Education Team to create and implement effective clinical educational programs.
Required 3 years as RN Educator, 5 years experience preferred
Critical Care experience required
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS)
American Heart Association (AHA) Instructor for BLS and ACLS, OCN or CCRN National Certification preferred
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.