Nurse Educator- $5,000.00 Sign-on bonus
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
***Position comes with a $5,000.00 Sign-on bonus!***
This role is responsible and accountable for providing clinical education to clinical and non-clinical Stakeholders. Facilitates education, delegation, and coordination of clinical care for optimum patient outcomes.
Ensures and assesses stakeholders understanding of clinical related programs.
Oversees New Hire orientation processes, hands-on skill training and other needs as necessary to ensure a successful onboarding process.
Collaborates with leaders and external educators to provides in-services to meet the ongoing needs of clinical teams.
Provides just in time training as needed.
- Develops and organizes in-services, and educational programs for clinical and non-clinical Stakeholders.
- Coordinate, develop and present education programs designed to empower, support, and encourage clinical Stakeholders.
- Develop, keep current and be prepared to present the education materials and sessions to stakeholders under the appropriate guidelines, such as chemotherapy biotherapy courses, and other oncology courses.
- Active participation and documentation of completion of hospital and department required continuing education programs.
- Creates/provides programs that conform to accepted practice standards i.e. Oncology Nursing Society (ONS), National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), etc.
- Adheres to the hospital and department infection control policies including but not limited to hand hygiene, asepsis, isolation practice, and employee health practice.
- Assists in departmental policy development and acquisition of new technology and procedures.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate the new nursing employee orientation process.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate ongoing education and support for clinical staff, including new products and equipment.
- Effectively communicates with peers to resolve conflict.
- Assists in the on-boarding of new Stakeholders.
Collaborates with department leaders to determine effectiveness of education programs to Stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, Stakeholders, outside agencies and the Education Department to create and implement effective clinical educational programs.
Experience: 3 years
Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Certification: Nationally recognized certification, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS)
Special Skills: Microsoft Office
Training: Critical Care experience
Pay Range$74,149.92 - $122,107.44
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.