New Patient Experience Representative
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
The New Patient Experience Rep is the point-of-contact for prospective patient, caregiver and physician referral phone calls and chats. Their role is to actively listen and seek to understand caller/chatter needs, translate those needs into specific possibilities of care, speak confidently and accurately to our hospital’s key differentiators, provide lead management follow up and schedule appointments. They are responsible for acquiring, maintaining and demonstrating a high level of specialized knowledge in such areas as oncology, cancer treatments, insurance offerings, hospital specialties and the scheduling systems. They are accountable for delivering on both customer service and patient acquisition goals. In doing so, they need to gain a deep understanding of prospects’ needs and barriers and be able to leverage our hospitals offerings to overcome these barriers in order to bring in patients for an appointment at one of our locations.
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- High School Diploma required
- College Education (BA, BS) preferred. Emphasis in Business/Marketing/Sales/Healthcare related field etc. a plus
- 5+ years experience in pharma, life insurance, financial services, mortgage brokerage, long-term care insurance or a similar industry
- Achievement oriented
- Working knowledge of Oncology/Healthcare services is preferred
- Patient Focused resulting in strong Patient Satisfaction outcomes.
- Firm grasp of work environment, software, screening resources and tool kit proficiency
- Strong attention to detail in systems and capturing patient needs
- Strong capacity to navigate through CRM and enter information real time while maintaining focus and determining optimal pathway with a caller
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills and understanding of complex systems, while making sound decisions based on patient specific information
- Strong accountabilities and ownership in identifying opportunities for self-improvement. Including the desire to learn continuously and efficiently
- Achievement oriented; willing to go above and beyond
Pay Range$20.35 - $33.52
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-09578