New Grad - RN Nurse Residency Program
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
- 0-1 Year of Experience
- July 2023, Target Start Date
- Formal Program at Goodyear, AZ for 16 Weeks
- Preceptor/Buddy Assigned and supportive mentoring for up to 12 months
- Inpatient Oncology RN focus with Day and Night shift available
Summary of Job:
Oversees and participates in the successful delivery of quality patient care to a specific group of patients. Performs all duties within the scope of licensure utilizing the nursing process. Acts as a patient advocate in all ethical and legal aspects.
- Assesses the needs of the patient through a holistic approach on an ongoing basis.
- Provides information to physicians and other health care professionals of any changes in patient condition. Adjusts treatment based on multidisciplinary plan of care.
- Plans, delivers, directs, coordinates and evaluates therapeutic interventions based on needs identified in the assessment process. Documents interventions provided. Supervises care delivery by unlicensed support staff.
- Provides patient/family education (in regard to disease process, side effects of treatment and health promotion) as well as support and reassurance, ensuring an informed decision is being made regarding the individuals therapeutic plan and documents according to department standard
- Ensures compliance with hospital policies and accrediting agencies. Participates in the development, review and updating of policies and procedures. Actively participates in the Performance Improvement plan of the unit.
- Obtains allergy information and takes care of the medication reconciliation with patient or family member, then communicates this to other providers. Verifies and notes physician orders. Provides safe delivery of prescribed medications and treatments and evaluates the outcomes in a timely manner.
- Nurse Residency Program - 0-1 Year Experience
- Current AZ State Registered Nurse License required
- BSN required
- Current BLS required
- Current ACLS required
Pay Range$30.97 - $51.02
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-09353