New Grad - RN Nurse Residency Program
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
- 0-1 Year of Experience
- March 6, 2023, Target Start Date
- Exciting First 2 Weeks’ Classroom Style Training at The City of Hope in California
- Formal Program at Assigned Site to Continue for16 Week Total
- Preceptor/Buddy Assigned and supportive mentoring for up to 12 months
- Inpatient Oncology RN focus with Day and Night shift available
Summary of Job:
Oversees and participates in the successful delivery of quality patient care to a specific group of patients. Performs all duties within the scope of licensure utilizing the nursing process. Acts as a patient advocate in all ethical and legal aspects.
- Assesses the needs of the patient through a holistic approach on an ongoing basis.
- Provides information to physicians and other health care professionals of any changes in patient condition. Adjusts treatment based on multidisciplinary plan of care.
- Plans, delivers, directs, coordinates and evaluates therapeutic interventions based on needs identified in the assessment process. Documents interventions provided. Supervises care delivery by unlicensed support staff.
- Provides patient/family education (in regard to disease process, side effects of treatment and health promotion) as well as support and reassurance, ensuring an informed decision is being made regarding the individuals therapeutic plan and documents according to department standard
- Ensures compliance with hospital policies and accrediting agencies. Participates in the development, review and updating of policies and procedures. Actively participates in the Performance Improvement plan of the unit.
- Obtains allergy information and takes care of the medication reconciliation with patient or family member, then communicates this to other providers. Verifies and notes physician orders. Provides safe delivery of prescribed medications and treatments and evaluates the outcomes in a timely manner.
- Nurse Residency Program - 0-1 Year Experience
- Current IL State Registered Nurse License required
- BSN required
- Current BLS required
- Current ACLS required
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.