Medical Technologist or Medical Lab Technician - Part time 3rd shift, eligible for $2500 sign on
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Hours: 3rd shift, part time flexible hours
Position Eligible for a $2500 sign on
Perform variety of tests in all disciplines (Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis and Transfusion Services) of the laboratory with speed and accuracy, understanding the theory behind each of the tests performed in order to assist in decision-making.
Perform quality control testing and maintenance of instruments.
Trouble shoot instruments and ensure adequate performance
Perform phlebotomy as needed.
Train new hires and students as assigned.
Willing to train in other specialized areas of the laboratory, Flow Cytometry, Microbiology and Cellular Therapy.
- Associates Degree in Medical Lab Technology or BS Degree in Medical Lab Technology.
or Medical Technologist certification and 2 years clinical hospital experience.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to perform light/medium work, which includes lifting up to 30 pounds
- Ability to be mobile 6-8 hours per shift
- Occasionally must bend, twist, squat, climb, reach, stoop, and kneel
- Ability to perform fine manipulation (keyboard) simple grasping, pushing and pulling
- Good visual acuity is required to read manuals, log sheets and VDT screens
- Good color differentiation is essential to assess specimen color, turbidity, etc. and also to interpret lab test results
- All employees within this job classification may have exposure to blood-borne pathogens, other potentially infectious materials, and/or hazardous chemicals/waste
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.