We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care ®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day is purposeful. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and has received numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine accessing your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth,it is a point of pride. Those are just a few of the ways we empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care that we call the Mother Standard®.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Clinic, with direction of a physician, physician extender or a registered nurse performs a variety of patient care activities in accordance with established standards and practice of CTCA. Delivers compassionate care to patients by assisting with clinical tasks, preforming support services for clinical staff and providing direct interaction with patients and their caregivers.
Key Position Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years prior experience as a Medical Assistant strongly preferred- experience working in oncology, surgery, or urology a plus
- MA certification required
- Current BLS and CPR required
- Must be flexible, reliable and self-motivated
- Excellent organizational skills and effective oral written communication skills
- Computer and typing skills required
- Must have the ability to review information in electronic medical record and be able to use clinical knowledge base for prior authorizations, refill requests and assist with surgical scheduling
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication, clerical, organizational, interpersonal and guest relation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan and/or organize activities occurring in the clinic
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to manage processes
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. We are fighters at heart and we look for people who delight in serving patients. The power, determination and beauty of the human spirit will enrich and energize you. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in all its forms.