Manager, Plant Operations
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
This is a working Manager position. Performs and verifies preventive work completed by maintenance staff. Responsible for the management and supervision of all facilities team members ensuring that preventive maintenance on all physical plant equipment is compliant with internal and external standards. Oversee daily operations to ensure prompt service to your customers (patients and those who serve the patients), maintain superb appearance for our buildings and grounds. Responsible for compliance with building life safety, joint commission regulations, OSHA, NFPA, NEC, DOH and all other similar standards.
- Maintains compliance to Joint Commission standards, life safety codes, local, state and federal electric and fire safety regulations; mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC accountability.
- Monitors and supervises team’s performance, verifies accuracy of work; serves as a resource person on whom others can rely; works with maintenance team to continually improve customer service.
- Coordinates minor construction projects and building renovations as required to the project deadlines; responds to end users’ requests; monitors events outside the company which impact functional areas.
- Negotiate and manage all office and facility vendor contracts. Serve as main contact and liaison between office and facility vendors and corporate stakeholders. Periodic reviews of current vendor customer service, stakeholder feedback, and pricing. Determine timelines for building maintenance tasks. Track and communicate with vendors concerning performance, contract renewals and cancellations. Choose and maintain a list of preferred vendors, including hotels.
- Oversee contractors for facilities renovation projects. Determine project scope, utilizing all available resources. Use three-bid process, reference checks and make final recommendation to supervisor.
- Develop and manage departmental budget including capital and operating expenses.
3-5 years of Hospital Experience and 10+ years overall experience in construction management, building maintenance or building renovations
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent number of years of related experience.
Advanced experience in Microsoft Office and excellent organizational skills.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.