Manager of Risk and Patient Safety - $5,000 sign on bonus
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
$5,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS OPPORTUNITY
Under the direction of, and in collaboration with the Director of Quality & Risk Management, establishes an effective risk management and patient safety program. Implements a risk management and patient safety model that is both proactive to identify potential risk or safety issues which could affect patients, caregivers, stakeholders or the medical staff and reactive to actual events/near misses to ensure that causative factors are identified, and actions implemented to reduce or eliminate recurrence. Serves as the organization’s Patient Safety Officer.
Create and implement an effective Risk Management/Patient Safety program including:
A Risk Management/Patient Safety plan, with annual review and revision to meet organizational goals and changes in industry regulations/standards;
Develop metrics to track and trend risk and patient safety processes
- Administrator for the Enterprise event tracking system, with oversight to ensure event capture, tracking, analysis and reporting
- Responsible for managing all potential and actual litigation:
- Reporting events to QM Director, CEO and Enterprise Legal/Risk contacts;
- Collaboration with Legal on actual litigation cases;
- Collaboration with Legal/Risk to resolve potential litigation cases arising from patient or caregiver complaints;
- Serve as liaison between patient/caregiver and Legal/Risk to address potential litigation cases;
- Review of all actual/potential cases to identify risks and work with key internal stakeholders to develop mitigation strategies to prevent recurrence.
- Oversight of the organization’s Root Cause Analysis (RCA) activities.Reports RCA events, findings and action plans to appropriate committees
- Direct all investigations related to Sentinel Events, event reports with harm score of level E-I, or other situations where harm to a patient, caregiver, stakeholder, medical staff occurred;
- Oversee management of the organization’s Complaint and Grievance process;Share complaint and grievance data with Director and Board as assigned
- Chairs the organization’s Grievance Committee
- Under the direction of the Director of QM/Risk, collaborate with leaders and medical staff to investigate and respond to Sentinel Events, Medical Disclosures, etc.
- Responsible for the organization’s policies and procedures related to risk management and patient safety activities
- Serves as the organization’s subject matter expert for risk management and patient safety regulations and processes
- Maintains current knowledge of risk management and patient safety regulations, standards and practices
- Ensure organizational compliance with Federal, State or Accrediting Body risk management and patient safety regulations and standards
- Provides organization-wide education on risk management and patient safety topics
- Implementation and maintenance of the organization’s We Are Safe program
- Participates in assigned committees including Quality Patient Safety and Environment of Care/ Emergency Preparedness
- Participates in all Enterprise-wide Risk Management/Patient Safety initiatives
- Assists the Director of Quality in management of the department budget
- Manages direct report(s) including education, development and implementation of workflows to accomplish department goals, evaluation, etc
- All other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related field is required
Minimum of (3) years of current experience in healthcare risk management/patient safety is required, prior managerial experience is preferred
Certified Professional Healthcare Risk Management required or must obtain within one (1) year of hire is required
Registered Nurse in Arizona is preferred
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.