Manager of IT Engineering Services
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care ®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Manager of Engineering Services will be responsible for the team that plans, designs and implements, and maintains standards for the IS Infrastructure that comprises network, voice, server, virtualization, storage, data protection, data centers, security infrastructure, related software and staff. This role provides leadership and guidance throughout, in addition to developing technology lifecycle roadmaps, project management for infrastructure activities, serves as final escalation point for infrastructure incidents, enforces standards documentation and Continual Process Improvement.
The Manager of Engineering Services ensures that all phases of infrastructure support are planned and managed, including installations, upgrades, software, hardware, operating systems, and operating system configuration standards issues, are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked, and resolved.
The Manager of Engineering Services assists and advises in development of setting up of long-range plans and goals for the CTCA Infrastructure environment as well as evaluating new and emerging technologies that may be leveraged by the business. Given the complexity and range of the role, the Manager of Engineering Services is expected to be holistically knowledgeable across network, voice, server, virtualization, storage, data protection, data centers, and security infrastructure solutions and able to bridge cross-functional areas.
The Manager of Engineering Services works closely with other Security Team, Application Team(s), and Operations Team leadership to ensure defined requirements are meet. Ensures service level agreements, ITIL standards, and needs of Stakeholders are meet. The Manager of Engineering Services has responsibility of triage and leading team members including personnel administration, career development, retention, stakeholder goal setting, establishing and enforcing accountability, and upholding corporate and IS policies and standards.
- The Manager of Engineering Services plans, configures, manages and directs technical activities for network, voice, server, virtualization, storage, data protection, data centers, and security infrastructure environments – working to achieve maximum uptime through high availability architectures, current generation technologies and process, and ITIL best practices, including change control release management, and incident management are leveraged
- The Manager of Engineering Services provides on-going training and professional development of the Engineering Team stakeholders.Mentors and tutors Engineering Team stakeholders on guidelines, operations, and policies to drive consistency. Works with Talent to support team stakeholders in resolving personnel issues. Manages candidate selection, hiring, counseling, and termination of stakeholders as needed.
- The Manager of Engineering Services coordinates with CTCA current and future vendors to manage technology roadmaps, develop builds of materials for current and future projects, manage requests for future Opex and Capex budget requests, and handles coordination and escalation for vendor issues from other CTCA stakeholders.
- The Manager of Engineering Services should maintain an up to date technical understanding of the CTCA infrastructure technologies and configurations, ensuring that the architecture for network, voice, server, virtualization, storage, data protection, data centers, and security infrastructure adheres to industry best practices
- The Manager of Engineering Services provides reporting on the IS Infrastructure uptime and availability, capacity management, and reviews reporting systems for the IS infrastructure to ensure high availability and maximum cost efficiency is achieved.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Information or equivalent experience in the appropriate fields is required.
- 3+ years of experience managing infrastructure services teams in an enterprise environment
- 7+ years of prior hands on infrastructure services technical
- Microsoft Certifications (preferred) : MCSE/MCITP, MCSE-Private Cloud
- VMware Certifications (preferred): VCP, VCAP
- Cisco Certifications (preferred): CCNA, CCNP
- EMC Certifications (preferred): EMC Proven Professional
- IT experience within a multi-facility healthcare organization is preferred.
- Understanding and prior experience with Microsoft server system troubleshooting, including DNS, Directory Services and permissions issues, and server hardware troubleshooting
- Understanding and prior experience with Network monitoring/analysis tools and SNMP protocol
- Understanding and prior experience with routing protocols, Layer 2/Layer3 switching, TCP/IP
- Understanding and prior experience with central storage technologies and fiber channel configuration
- Understanding and prior experience within multiple areas, such as Microsoft Server systems, network administration, voice configuration, security infrastructure, and SAN configuration. Experience using help desk software such as Remedy
- Team-building and mentoring of others, promoting improved communication, documentation, technical skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Visio drawings, Microsoft Office Suite, and technical documentation of network systems.
- Understanding and prior experience with virtualization such as VMware and Hyper-V
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cisco Call Manager and voice communications.
- Knowledge and understanding of EMC storage platforms such as the VMAX and VNX, Isilon, as well as Data Domain, Avamar, and other data protection products.
- Ability to lead problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Must possess a strong business perspective in order to convey technology concepts and solutions that will satisfy the business requirements.
- Developing solutions that are cost conscious, while being technically sound and supporting business requirements.
- Self-starter who is capable of effectively managing own time and ability to delegate to others
- Demonstrated leadership including previous performance as a highly effective team member and team leader.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.