House Resource RN FT
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Hours: 7a-7p, 3 12's, with weekends and holidays
The House Resource nurse is responsible for the coordination of all patient care services in the absence of Administration and department leaders. The House Resource nurse also guides personnel in the provision of quality patient care for all age groups. In addition, he/she provides backup support for the clinical area in times of high census or high acuity to ensure high quality care.
- Assists in guiding personnel in the provision of quality patient care and contributes to the performance evaluations of evening and night staff.
- Identifies staff performance problems and provides appropriate counseling, in the absence of nursing leadership on the off-shifts and weekends.
- Assesses patient care delivery needs for patient population for all age groups (average age group population includes pediatrics, adolescent, adult and geriatrics.
- Effectively coordinates patient care between departments, physicians, and administration.
- Provides effective communication between the hospital, nursing administration, stakeholders, patients, families, and outside health care agencies when issues arise.
- Informs the department head/manager of staff problems and patient care service issues. Makes all attempts to resolve patient care issues or complaints and escalates as appropriate. Facilitates resolution of customer concerns, in the absence of department leaders. Assists with leader rounding to ensure that patient receives the best care while at the hospital.
- Performs efficiently in emergency situations; remaining calm, informing the appropriate persons and ensures documentation of events.
- Serves as a resource for staff and provides consultation on patient care & hospital and personnel policies. Able to provide hands-on patient care as needed. Able to access central supply, surgical supply areas, etc. after normal business hours, as needed.
- Activates and directs Emergency Codes in the absence of department leaders. Acts as the Administrator on site and Incident Commander in the absence of department leaders.
- Determines staffing needs and accountable for staffing at appropriate levels based on HPPD and Quadramed staffing tools. Able to make decisions regarding staffing and execute on those decisions.
RN- BSN required.
Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse license.
Minimum of 5 years nursing experience.
Telemetry/Critical Care experience required.
BLS CPR required.
Two years of management experience preferred.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.