Healthcare Integration Developer
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
The Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and deploying the complex near real-time and real-time data interoperability solutions using Healthcare industry-standard data formats/specifications (HL7, FHIR, EDI, etc.). The role is responsible for consulting with internal customers, team members, and external vendors to design, build, test, and manage application services. A key responsibility is strategically collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand operational needs, perform gap analysis and convert customer requirements into custom interoperability solutions using in-depth knowledge of healthcare business processes and data integration optimization. This role is the internal expert in system capabilities and architectural interoperability standards. Also is responsible for maintaining system changes, documenting functional and technical requirements, mapping process flows, establishing test plans, conducting system testing, establishing user manuals, and administering training related to the interoperability code.
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- Minimum of three (2) years experience administering a complex IBM Websphere Integration Bus, Intersystems, Mirth Connect, Cloverleaf, Corepoint, or BizTalk environment Required
- Minimum of three (2) years experience with HL7 Required
- Minimum of three (2) years experience with AWS or Azure Cloud Services Preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience with FHIR Preferred
Education, Training, and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field Preferred. Or equivalent combination of experience, training, and certifications in Healthcare IT is Required if no Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of Healthcare Interoperability/Healthcare Interface Engines 2+ years Preferred
- Has a strong intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated, quick learner who works successfully independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Technically skilled in healthcare data formats (HL7, FHIR, EDI, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of current integration methods, patterns, and best practices, with a history of delivering highly available, scalable, and supportable interoperability solutions with industry standards, interfaces, APIs, and integration engine technologies
- Organized and detail-oriented; ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with technical and business audiences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional analytical and independent problem-solving skills
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.