Front Office Assistant
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Responsible for providing administrative support to the Outpatient Care Center and management for Outpatient Care Center.
Responsible for Patient Registration for all patients, addressing any registration or insurance concerns from patients/caregivers, delivery of insurance benefit information, collection of up-front deductible and co-pay amounts, and maintaining accuracy and completeness of the patient financial record. They must conduct face-to-face interviews, telephone interaction and electronic contact functions and must maintain aspects of the patient financial record.
To obtain and track all authorizations throughout a patient’s stay-from pre-certification through re-authorization and discharge. Serves as a point person for care managers, registration staff, and payer representatives, ensuring that all authorizations are secured, documented, and renewed as necessary.
- Perform administrative support, answer phones, manage schedules, rooms and meetings. Manage ordering and stocking supplies for the Outpatient Care Center
- Conduct patient registration and financial counseling session for all patients
- Deliver and obtain signature on all required registration documents and scan into electronic health record.
- Address patient/caregiver financial questions or concerns, may be done via phone, email or face-to-face interaction.
- Discuss patient financial assistance program and deliver results of applications to patients.
- Perform routine daily admission/discharge/transfer functions related to registration.
- Explain patient insurance benefits and collect any up-front deductible or co-pay amounts due.
- Update patient demographic information in patient financial system.
- Completes necessary insurance pre-certifications for all outpatient procedures
- Perform additional duties as assigned to assist in the continued operations of the department and the enterprise and for the continued satisfaction of patients, their families, caregivers and fellow stakeholders.
- 2-3 year of professional experience in related field
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of professional experience in the medical field
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.