Financial Advocate Representative
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Financial Counselor position is responsible for Patient Registration for all patients, addressing any registration or insurance concerns from patients/caregivers, delivery of insurance benefit information, collection of up-front deductible and co-pay amounts, and maintaining accuracy and completeness of the patient financial record. They must conduct face-to-face interviews, telephone interaction and electronic contact functions and must maintain aspects of the patient financial record.
- Conduct patient registration and financial counseling session for all patients upon inpatient and outpatient admission to the hospital.
- Deliver and obtain signature on all required registration documents and scan into electronic health record.
- Address patient/caregiver financial questions or concerns, may be done via phone, email or face-to-face interaction.
- Discuss patient financial assistance program and deliver results of applications to patients.
- Perform routine daily admission/discharge/transfer functions related to registration.
- Explain patient insurance benefits and collect any up-front deductible or co-pay amounts due.
- Update patient demographic information in patient financial system.
- Perform additional duties as assigned to assist in the continued operations of the department and the enterprise and for the continued satisfaction of patients, their families, caregivers and fellow stakeholders.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
- Minimum of One (1) year of professional experience in multifaceted online computer applications
- One (1) year of experience in the healthcare/ medical field preferred
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.