Director of Business Development
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Territory location: SE Wisconsin Market
**Experience in this market preferred
The Director, Business Development works closely with the hospital President and Senior Leadership to drive the regional business strategy of the Chicago Comprehensive Care and Research Center. This role is part of a core team that evaluates and executes business development opportunities that drive regional growth and profitability. The focus is to drive growth through diversified channels including referrals (employer, community, physician, and patient), partnerships, new and expanded access and all contracts that impact revenue for the site. The Director, Business Development will provide recommendations, based upon research and analysis, for potential transactions including partnerships, contracts, referrals and other market expansion opportunities.
- Improve the market positions of the organization and help in every way to attain desired growth objectives. The areas include but are not limited to Access, Payor relations, Employer Relations, Physician Relations, Loyalty and Patient Referrals and strategic partnerships all which drive diversified growth to the hospital. The position will partner on media recommendations to drive growth.
- Conducts complex analyses to provide actionable recommendations and develops presentations that articulate business development findings and recommendations. Outlines strategy to drive additional access for the hospital under a variety of channels.
- Collaborates with internal teams on cost to serve analysis and the related pricing strategies and methodologies to outline best approach for growth and development. Also collaborates with legal on business development/transaction issues as needed
- Works collaboratively with internal and external teams to evaluate and lead the due diligence, analysis and development of potential mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, new business and market expansion opportunities in healthcare.
- Maintains an expert understanding of the competitive healthcare, payor and community environment in healthcare and of emerging competitor moves that pose a risk to company growth objectives
Bachelor’s degree required; Degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting with strong quantitative orientation preferred
Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred
3-5 years healthcare provider business development and/or finance transactional experience required with strong knowledge of the healthcare market, competitive landscape and trends. Ideal candidate will have experience working in the healthcare practice of a top tier consulting firm.
Ideal candidate will have demonstrated healthcare provider experience leading the due diligence, analysis, negotiation, and contracts for mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships. Ideally, has experience structuring relationship with geographically dispersed healthcare organizations.
Ability to create stellar business plans justifying growth initiatives related to organic or inorganic growth and corresponding capital dollars needed.
Strong understanding of contracting principles
Strong experience negotiating, documenting and executing transactions
Excellent business acumen, analytical capability and negotiation skills
Outstanding presentation skills, including the ability to create professional presentations that clearly convey the "ask" with communication skills that enable persuasion and engagement of key audiences, including Shareholders, Board of Directors, Executive Teams and external customers
Experience building a first-class team and fostering a learning/teamwork environment that holds people accountable for achieving results
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.