Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
The Applications Developer is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of complex, custom applications, and custom solutions. The role is responsible for consulting with internal customers, team members and external vendors to appropriately design, build and manage application services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze user requirements, create technical specifications and apply proven application development and agile methodologies in order to accomplish business goals.
- Provide expert knowledge and recommendations on application designs across a broad range of development methodologies and tools to ensure the success and sustainability of custom applications.
- Ensure delivery of business needs in a timely cost-effective manner.
- Applies ALM and software engineering best practices and principles
- Consult with vendors and other team members to design, build and manage custom applications.
- Understands relational data structures and technologies to design, develop, and query stored data.
- Provides/reviews detailed technical specifications required in each phase of the SDLC, and complies to internal standards and guidelines
- Identify opportunities to optimize the environment, implement monitoring, quality and validation processes to ensure high availability and performance
- Provides 24x7 post-implementation supports, responds to problem quickly and provide both short- and long-term resolutions
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
List the essential job responsibilities which are typically performed by this job and % of time spent on each:
70%| Design, develop, and test custom developed programs and processes
10%| Create and review detailed technical specifications required in each phase of the SDLC, and comply to internal development standards and guidelines
10%| Provide 24x7 post-implementation support and provide both short- and long-term resolutions
10%| Utilize prescribed department change management processes and methodology to report anomalies, errors, inaccuracies or inefficiencies
Scope of Responsibility:
Application developer with standing knowledge of development patterns and principals. Responsible for design, development, and support of new and existing applications and APIs.
Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations. Partners with senior developers and/or leaders as needed to make complex decisions.
Understands department and corporate strategy and operating objectives.
Work assignments are often varied. Assignments may span across many enterprise domains.
Exercises independent judgment on matters of significance.
Follows general direction; seeks guidance where needed. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Work may be periodically reviewed.
Scope of Management:
No direct reports.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-09005