BMT Advanced Practice Provider
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
The Nurse Practitioner is a provider working under the supervision of a physician.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilizes the City of Hope nursing process in clinical practice.
- Assumes responsibility for independent, direct medical management of a defined patient population, according to standardized procedures and in collaboration with a physician advisor or supervising physician.
- Performs physical examinations applying the medical model and nursing process to patient care problems that require medical intervention and skill. Strives to maintain consistency of quality patient care.
- Develops and follows protocols/standardized procedures for practice for Nurse Practitioners in the department.
- Assists in developing methods and systems for provision of medical care and overall department operations.
- Maintains open lines of communication with the physician and multidisciplinary health team regarding patient information.
- Under supervision of a physician advisor, performs initial and interval physical assessment for evaluation of patient progress, applying techniques of observation, inspection, auscultation, palpation, and percussion to determine plan of care.
- Discriminates between normal and abnormal findings, consulting with physician advisor/supervising physician when indicated, evaluates, diagnoses, and manages certain illnesses and conditions, orders appropriate laboratory studies, identifies appropriate pharmacologic agents and non-pharmacologic interventions, refers or consults with other physicians within City of Hope Medical Center.
- Develops and implements patient education activities; provides education and counseling to patients.
- Develops and participates in performance improvement activities to evaluate the program's effectiveness in meeting patient care and departmental needs. Understands and supports the milieu of patient care in these areas to foster a supportive care environment
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Attends and participates in meetings and/or committee as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Provides direct support for the inpatient unit. Serves as the primary liaison between the team, clinicians, and patients to ensure continuity of patient care.
Consults with the referring physicians to determine the appropriate interventions for patients and serves as a clinical resource.
Responsible for entering orders in the hospital EMR for medications in accordance with the hospital and state guidelines, admission orders, labs, imaging tests, IV fluids etc. as needed.
Responsible for timely and accurate documentation. Responsible for H&Ps, participates in consults and follow-up visits, provides patient education, and obtains informed consents.
Responsible for the overall coordination of patient care; improves patient flow and communication with clinicians, stakeholders and patients. Assists in other clinical areas as needed.
Responsible for maintaining current licensure and certifications. Participates in stakeholder development and training. Attends the required meetings as requested to team and department goals
Leadership/Accountability - Provides and carries out the mission of the hospital and enterprise. Assist with the development of departmental policies and procedures. Performs other duties as requested by supervising physician.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Three years clinical experience in oncology
- Current Georgia RN license and Georgia Advance Practice-NP licenses required.
- National Board certification by the American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC), or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- DEA within 6 months of hire
- Specialty Certification as defined/required for role
Pay Range$98,166.43 - $161,616.00
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.