Associate General Counsel - Healthcare
ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL - HEALTHCARE
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine access to your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Associate General Counsel assists the Chief Legal Officer in providing high quality legal services to CTCA, including serving the leadership of the Regional Medical Centers and the Corporate team.
- Hands-on day-to-day advising of internal clients in multiple departments and multiple locations on issues involving risk management, vendor negotiations, hospital and physician contracting and management.
- Experience in negotiating and drafting payer contracts.
- Managing litigation matters and serving as liaison with CTCA’s insurance and risk managers.
- Drafting and negotiating significant contracts for important third-party relationships involving CTCA entities.
- Creating policies and procedures for an evolving set of businesses in a changing regulatory and reimbursement environment.
- Managing outside counsel engaged in providing assistance in state law matters, CON, ERISA and Employee Benefits, Immigration, executive compensation, tax matters, property tax and real estate issues
- Serving as an assistant corporate Secretary for affiliated entities, working with senior paralegal on minutes, bylaws, formation documents and amendments
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) and Bar Admission to at least one state in which CTCA does business (Florida licensure preferable)
- 10+ years’ experience in a combination of large law firm practice and in-house at nationally recognized multi-state business, with specific area of expertise in Healthcare is required.