Advanced Practice Professional - Sign-on Bonus!
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
Acute Care experience highly preferred! Sign-on bonus & relocation bonus offered!
Two shifts available:
1. Overnight 7PM-7AM & working 7on/ 7 off
2. Mid-shift 11AM-11:30PM & working 7on/7off
The dependent Advanced Practice Provider provides professional medical services, within the scope of services as determined by the Western Regional Medical Center (WRMC) medical staff Bylaws, WRMC Rules and Regulations and the WRMC administrative direction.
Utilizes critical judgment in the performance of comprehensive health assessment, differential medical diagnosis including ordering, conducting, interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests, and the prescribing of pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments in the direct management of acute and chronic illness and disease.
- Conducts comprehensive physical examination.
- Initiates and interprets diagnostic tests and procedures relevant to the patient’s current status.
- Critically analyzes the assessment data in determining the diagnoses.
- Prioritizes diagnoses using appropriate complex clinical reasoning.
Develops and implements a comprehensive plan of care that includes interventions and treatments to attain expected outcomes.
- Addresses strategies for improving health status that reflect current health care, knowledge, research and practice.
- Involves patient, family, and other members of the health care team, including use of community resources in the plan of treatment.
- Makes independent decisions in solving complex patient care problems.
- Collaborates with the health team members to establish priorities, manage care and coordinate efforts to achieve desired outcomes in providing planned treatment and services to the client.
Utilizes appropriate or specialized knowledge and skills in the provision of direct patient care.
- Prescribes, orders, or implements interventions and treatments for the treatment/care plan.
- Prescribes or dispenses drugs and devices based on a knowledge of pharmacological and physiological principles in accordance with state and federal laws and regulation, and as authorized under the appropriate Board of Nursing.
- Utilizes an extensive awareness of community assets and available resources when assisting with making appropriate referrals and outreach.
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience or commensurate training/experience
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Training Program OR
Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN), Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Licensed/certified and eligible to practice as Physician Assistant in the State of Arizona OR
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), Arizona
Certification: American Heart Basic Life Support (BLS), ACLS
Special Skills: Proficient computer skills
Pay Range$98,166.43 - $161,616.00
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-10540