Sterile Process Tech
Registered Central Service Technician / Sterile Processing – Full Time
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Registered Central Service Technician position has responsibility for performance of day to day duties within the Sterile Processing Department. Under the supervision of the Sterile Processing Team Lead and in collaboration with departmental leadership, the individual in this position is responsible for the coordination, execution, and evaluation of operations within the Sterile Processing Department. Individuals in this position will maintain a working knowledge of departmental policies, infection control standards and regulatory guidelines pertaining to the cleaning, decontamination, assembly and sterilization of all re-usable patient care equipment within the Surgical Department. Individuals in this role will bear primary responsibility for sterilization and preparation of all surgical instrumentation and equipment needed within the department. Individuals in this position will execute all other duties as assigned to support the function of the Surgical Department as a whole.
Key Position Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of an IAHCSMM/CBSPD Central Service Technician course required.
- CRCST certification required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years current experience working as a Central Service Technician required.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel) a plus.
- Ability to perform light to heavy work, which includes frequent lifting and positioning of patients.
- For greater than 50 pounds it may be expected that the tech will request assistance from a co-worker for lifting and transferring.
- Ability to stand/walk 6 to 8 hours per shift.
- Ability to frequently bend, twist, reach, stoop and occasionally kneel and squat.
- Ability to perform various repetitive tasks i.e., simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation (keyboard).
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals, and corporate entities, earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who value working with others and thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? If so, we hope you begin the application process today.