Sr. Analyst - Pharmacy Data
SR ANALYST - PHARMACY
The Senior Pharmacy Analyst reports to the Director of Pharmacy Business Services. This resource is a key player in the Office of Pharmacy Services’ analytical and business intelligence capabilities for managing the annual revenue stream for the enterprise. Managing this volume of data requires a focused resource that can coordinate and provide insightful analytics in order to enable informed and timely business decisions.
The Senior Pharmacy Analyst will be in charge of creating and distributing various pharmacy analyses to the Office of Pharmacy Services, Site Pharmacy teams, Site Finance teams, and Site Operations teams, as well as conducting ad hoc analysis to support initiatives and requests emanating from those aforementioned teams. The Senior Pharmacy Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining the Pharmacy Pricing model by site which rolls up at the enterprise level. The Senior Pharmacy Analyst is an internal expert regarding the system reporting capabilities and is also responsible for maintaining accurate metric measures and providing management with the data needed to make informed business decisions. Additional responsibilities include assisting with: planning, organizing and maintaining data sources such as the data warehouse for pharmacy’s business intelligence strategy, acting as liaison with IT/Business Intelligence for report creation and distribution, acting as liaison with Corporate Finance’s Decision Support team, coordinating User Acceptance Testing for Pharmacy reporting tools, conducting report testing, driving analysis that will be critical inputs into pharmacy-related decisions for the enterprise. The Senior Pharmacy Analyst will be responsible for training and developing Pharmacy Analysts to tackle analytical problems using CTCA standardized approaches and workarounds as needed. The Senior Pharmacy Analyst will also assist with management of the Pharmacy Analysts’ work streams. The Senior Pharmacy Analyst will assist with: assessing operations and making recommendations to leadership; providing translations, analyses and interpretations of information; and assisting with project management for the various enterprise initiatives.
More specifically, analysis conducted will include but not be limited to the following:
- Pharmacy Pricing Model
- Trending of actual vs. target pharmacy revenue while differentiating between Categories and type of charge as needed
- Financial impact of fluctuations in drug pricing, drug costs, etc.
- Financial and operational impact of unexpected industry events such as drug shortages, regulatory shifts, brand to generic shifts, etc.
- Comparison of enterprise-wide drug prices and volumes against industry benchmark analysis
- Drug margin analysis comparing acquisition cost (as well as ASP, AWP, and WAC) of common doses to charged amounts
- Differences between AWP, ASP, WAC, and Acquisition Cost to assist with pharmacy pricing strategy
- Tracking of drug charges and relative position against corporate initiative
- Support of ad-hoc pharmacy analysis with critical timelines
- Formulary purchasing analysis monitoring usage post-formulary decisions
- Revenue modeling to support the Pharmacy Pricing Committee
- Assessing the overall pharmacy pricing logic, pricing trend analyses
- AWP quarterly impact modeling
- Off-label drug usage analysis and monitor reimbursement trends
- Assist in managing the pharmacy revenue cycle, from acquisition and pricing through billing, reimbursement, and denials (reimbursement and denials when reporting capabilities are possible)
- Wholesaler and GPO purchasing analysis
- Building requirements for the Pharmacy Data Mart, as well as testing and training
- Managing and coordinating reporting from Data Mart
- Building and maintaining the Pharmacy Dashboard and other business intelligence tools
- Analyzing centralized packaging, mail order business, PBM, and supplements
- Assisting with modeling third-party payer contracts
- Implementing and monitoring formulary changes
- Monitoring and expanding billing for cognitive services
- Preparing for future enterprise expansion
- Monitoring oral chemo adoption, prescribing and reimbursement
- Monitoring the Pharmacy Chargemaster
- Other ad hoc activities related to monitoring the pharmacy revenue cycle
- Build detailed models for prescribing information for key clinical and executive leadership
- BS/BA in Business or related field (e.g. Finance, Computer Technology, etc.)
- Must have 5 years working experience with a minimum 3 years of Pharmacy, Finance or IT experience with focus on analysis and process flow
- Pharmaceutical, Hospital, healthcare payer, consulting, finance, and/or purchasing experience are a plus.
- 1+years of project management experience is preferred.
- Must have strong analytical skills, and reporting experience to key business users
- Must have management communication and reporting experience, including conducting personal analysis and providing recommendations to management
- Advanced Excel Skills; proficient with Access and PowerPoint a plus
- Qlikview, Business Objects and/or other database reporting experience (such as SQL) preferred
- Must have experience working with IT on business requirements for performance management tools (e.g., scorecards, dashboards)
- Familiarity with “Lean” processes is preferred, A-3 Training and Green Belt extremely beneficial
- Experience with data warehousing a plus (e.g. QlikView, Business Objects, etc.)
- Lawson or similar ERP system experience a plus
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects and deadlines
#LI - KE1