Records Clerk - Full Time
Records Clerk – Patient Accounts – Full Time
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care ®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine access to your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
CTCA Records Clerks maintain and store large volumes of patient accounts records and correspondence for all CTCA sites accurately and in an easily retrievable manner for up to 7 years as required by retention directives. Records Clerks are responsible for managing multiple file categories; each containing different information, and utilized by the Patient Accounts team for multiple purposes. The larger Patient Accounts team relies on the Records Clerk for swift access to patient files that are necessary for them to efficiently manage their portfolios of patient accounts. The Records Clerk responds to requests for itemized statements from patients via internal software system, email and phone calls. The Records Clerk provides clerical support and record access assistance in support of the Patient Account team’s goal of optimizing reimbursement of CTCA hospital and physician accounts. The Records Clerk reports to the Credit Balance Analyst/Records Clerk Supervisor
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent with good analytical skills.
- Must have minimum of one to two years’ experience in office or healthcare environment.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of PC and other office equipment, Windows experience a plus.
- Familiarity with ICD-9 coding, insurance terminology and ability to read an Explanation of Benefits is preferred.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must have basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be able to perform routine mathematical, color coding and alphabetizing functions.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, and be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be efficient, reliable, goal orientated and adaptable to change while maintaining productivity levels.
- Must be Team oriented.
- Must be courteous and professional
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals, and corporate entities, earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who value working with others and thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.