FT RN Discharge Planner
Registered Nurse-Discharge Planner
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine access to your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Responsible for facilitating all patient discharges and transfers from the Inpatient Unit. The Discharge Planner functions as coordinator of discharge plans, collaborating with the patient and caregiver, the patient’s care team, outside facilities and DME vendors, to ensure safe and timely patient discharges and transfers.
- Active Georgia Nursing License
- 2-3 years RN experience in a clinical setting
- BSN required or enrolled within 6 months of hire and completed within 3 years of hire
- Specialized experience or certifications in related field; oncology preferred
- Superb customer service, telephone, and communication skills
- Ability to show compassion to a diversified group of oncology patients
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must possess the ability to utilize clinical reasoning while ensuring that coordination of services are done in a timely manner
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and actions in the care and decision making for the oncology patient population and seeks guidance appropriately
- Possesses a basic knowledge of personal computer and software for word processing and/or good keyboard skills preferred, or the ability to enter and retrieve data from relevant computer systems
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.